Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pier I Penguin

I know, I've punched a bunch of penguins, and you've seen them from other punchers too but I saw the CUTEST penguin in a Pier I advertisement peeking around a clock - well, I had to try him in punches.

The unique part of this one is the feet.  Punch the scallop circle - toss the circle keep the hole - insert your 1/2 inch circle punch from the "open circle" and punch so that the POINT is almost at the inner edge of the punch.  Sounds so weird to type but TRY IT and you'll see what I mean.

Other thing to note on this project is the eyes.  Punch the two small (not tiny) circles of the owl punch - using the "remains" as a template, DRAW the glasses with a thin black maker - shift template slightly to draw nose bridge piece.

Other thing to note is I had 3 glasses of wine while decorating a friend's Christmas tree tonight and have had to type each sentence 3 times - so follow my directions at your own risk.

8 comments:

June A. said...

Chuckle, chuckle at the 3 glasses of wine! No wonder I was deciphering some of the words! Great punch art, tho! Love your stuff and glad you're back!

slbt17 said...

very, very, very cute!
Sandra

Barb said...

Oh how cute! And how funny about the wine - If I'd had 3 glasses, I wouldn't even be able to find the keyboard much less type on it!

Anonymous said...

Is this the penguin that asks, "Does this tree make my butt look big?"

Joan

Stephanie Harbin said...

Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love penguins!

Jessica said...

Penguins are my favorite!!! After three glasses, that's pretty good! lol

Margaret Ann Moffat said...

luv it Ellen, never tried the wine route maybe it would not make so darn perjink when I look at my things!!!!!!